Are you the type of person to accept mediocrity in areas of your life or are you the type of person that believes in your abilities and tests them frequently? Do you leave the gym feeling you gave it your all and whatever the results are they just are? Or do you find yourself often wondering if you shoulda, coulda, woulda? Are you taking the steps necessary to go out and do whatever it is you want to do, or has life got you feeling complacent? Maybe you’re somewhere in between the two.
Mental toughness and mindset are traits you have to work at just like anything else.
What conversation is going on between your ears on a daily basis? Don’t like what you’re hearing?
Here are a few reminders:
- Envision yourself successfully performing a task
- Speak positively to yourself
- Focus on yourself and none else (especially at the gym, sometimes this one can be tough)
- Be confident: in your own mind you are the best
- Control your emotions and behavior: Focus on what you can control and don’t worry about the rest
- Be committed: If you have dreams and goals you must focus time and energy towards them
- Stay composed: Stay focused and handle adversity as it comes your way
- Be Courageous: Take risks and don’t think for one second failure is an option
- Consistency: Go out there and give it your all every time. No more excuses
If you haven’t given much thought to the subject yet, I am going to share some of my favorite resources. Different practices work for different people so give some things a shot and take note of what is sticking and keep at it!
Frequent read books:
The Subtle Art of not Giving a Fuck
Niyi Sobo Sports motivation Podcast
The Active Life