Weighing yourself every day can be helpful data. It can help you see trends in your weight as well as bring awareness to certain behaviors. But often the reason people weigh themselves every day is so they can see progress every day. The truth is:
• Weight loss is slow
• You won’t lose weight every day
• Weight will fluctuate (hormones, hydration, a really tough workout etc will all cause weight fluctuations)
If weighing yourself leads to
• Changes in your mood (only happy if it goes down and immediate lowering of mood if it’s up)
• Changes in mood that lead to lowering of confidence
• You hate getting on it
It might be the time to take a break from the scale!
Instead of only relying on your weight, look to these other ways to measure progress:
• How you feel
• How your clothes fit
• Health markers (blood panel etc)
There is so much more to progress than the number on the scale. Don’t let your day be defined by it!