It’s that time of year!
Errbody out here gettin’ sick.
COVID aside, it’s cold & flu season. Scratchy throats, runny noses, body aches…
We’re here to remind you that although you may not be able to totally avoid getting sick, there are quite a few things you can do to either avoid it OR make you symptoms less severe / not last as long. Let’s get those immune systems strong!
• Get adequate sleep. I know, you hear it from us all the time. But that’s because it’s important! Get at least 7-8 hours a night. A recovered body is a strong body.
• Stay active. This means more than just getting to the gym! Try to get at least 8k steps a day. We got tips for getting more movement in right here!: https://www.instagram.com/p/CLuvgR7gI9j/
• Get outside. Vitamin D is a great way to support your immune system right now… If you haven’t had any bloodwork done recently it might be a good time to get those D levels checked.
• Your gut health has a great impact on your immune system. What you put in to your body matters not just because of your weight but for the health of your whole body. The next 3 tips will help keep your gut happy!
• Be sure to include many veggies & fruits in your diet. We recommend aiming for 800g (or around 8 cups) of veggies and some fruit a day.
• Avoid highly processed foods: Think pastries, white breads, chips, candy, soda, high sugar lattes, etc. These foods promote inflammation and can wreak havoc on your gut if not eaten in moderation.
• Drink enough water. Aim for at least half your bodyweight in ounces of water.